Reviews and Ratings
- The Frigidaire Dehumidifier is one of the most popular models in the USA.
- Whether we talk about the 70 pint, 50 pint or 30 pint models these are among the strongest contenders for the title of "Best in Class" on the US market.
- Although not outstanding in any one area these units are good performers across the whole range of measures I use when writing reviews of these appliances.
- The Frigidaire Dehumidifier is not specifically designed for use in a basement but all three models are popular as basement dehumidifiers.
- Many hundreds of reviews have been written about the effectiveness of the Frigidaire Dehumidifier in controlling basement dampness and eliminating those unwelcome musty smells.
- All the models in the Frigidaire range are Energy Star® qualified and are widely available from major stores and home improvement centres for in-store purchase or web shopping.
The Frigidaire range includes the following models:
The Frigidaire 70 Pint FAD704DUD
- The Frigidaire FAD704DUD is the latest 70 pint model from Frigidaire and replaces the FAD704TDP.
- The FAD704TDP was one of the best of its type for use in wet basements and was included among the selection of portable models I recommend.
- An increasing number of favorable reviews of the FAD704DUD suggest that the new model will be equally popular.
- The Frigidaire FAD704DUD is an Energy Star® compliant 70 pint unit with the capacity to control humidity in a typically sized basement with a normal temperature of 65°F or higher.
- The features of the FAD704DUD are similar to those of the previous model with two differences. First, the air flow through the appliance is greater than that of its predecessor and the unit is smaller in size overall.
The Frigidaire 50 Pint FAD504DUD
- The Frigidaire FAD504DUD is a new model from Frigidaire which replaces the popular 50 pint FAD504TDD.
- The FAD504TDD has been very well liked by users and is widely used in small to medium sized basements.
- I have included the FAD504TDD on my list of the top portable models for many reasons, not least the enthusiastic reviews written by its users.
- The FAD504DUD is getting a similar response from users and it seems that this appliance will be just as popular and successful.
The Frigidaire 30 Pint FAD301NUD
- The FAD301NUD is a lower capacity portable model from Frigidaire.
- The FAD301NUD is a new 30 pint unit which replaces the FAD251NTD 25 pint model.
- So far there are relatively few consumer reviews of this model but these are very positive.
- The Frigidaire FAD301NUD is Energy Star® qualified and more energy efficient than the 25 pint FAD251NTD.
- The FAD301NUD is easy to use with all the essential features you would expect but without all the "bells and whistles". The controls, for example, are manual rather than electronic which may be unfashionable but, at least, means that there is less to go wrong!
The models replaced by the new Frigidaire range may still be available from some retailers. If you are thinking about buying one of these, or already own one and want more information, you will find my review for each model by following the links below.
70 Pint FAD704TDP
50 Pint FAD504TDD
25 Pint FAD251NTD
Frigidaire is a household name but for those who would like to know a little more about the company that markets these appliances here is some background information.
The Frigidaire Dehumidifier is a well known and respected product but the company that that created the brand was originally founded as the Guardian Refrigerator Company, famous for developing the first self contained refrigerator.
There is a strand of continuity between the company's origins and its association with, among many other products, the
dehumidifier. Refrigerant models, the most common type used in the home, incorporate a good deal of the technology first developed for the refrigerator.
The name "Frigidaire" was adopted in 1919 when the company was acquired by General Motors who owned it for sixty years. After a brief spell as part of White Consolidated Industries the company was bought by Electrolux, its current parent.
For many years the company was best known for washing machines but among its achievements was the introduction of the first room air conditioner, another link with the Frigidaire Dehumidifier.
Return to Home Page